Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Experience:  10 years experience

I made a non-streamlined payment plan agreement with IRS

Customer Question

I made a non-streamlined payment plan agreement with IRS over the phone last February. The agreement is acknowledged in my tax transcript, but I never received an agreement notification letter, spelling out the terms of the agreement. I have been trying to obtain a copy of such agreement from IRS for past few days, but can't get through the long hold times without being disconnected. Is there a way to access this document online?
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: No. That's all.
Category: Tax
Expert:  JACUSTOMER-8nme36c9- replied 2 months ago.

I am unaware of a way to get a copy of the document online. In my experience, these installment agreement requests take about 90 days to process. If it takes longer, I file it again.

You can still make payments. They are expecting you to make the payments even without a letter. You can mail in a check with the tax year in the memo. Include a letter requesting the document. This will be more effective than a phone call.