Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Experience:  10 years experience

I owe back taxes for Califonia 1999, i checked on my job

Customer Question

i owe back taxes for Califonia 1999, i checked on my job website but its just too far in the past, no results.
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I quit my job in 1999, and I had a small amount of stocks that i cashed out but i failed to pay the penalty for withdrawing the funds, and now i have lived in Las Vegas since 2001. finally the California Franchise Tax Board has caught up to me and is attempting to garnish my wages, I contacted CFTB and they want a financial statement but also to file the 1999 taxes in which i need the 1999 w2 in order to have the correct info .
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: thats all
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 2 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

The only place you can get copies of your W2 so far back is Social security office or your employer. But I doubt your employer, if still in business had kept his records for so many years.

Normally SSA charge a fee for each copy, but if you need it to file your federal or state tax return, the fee can be waived. Here's how to get it:

You will need to fill out the form 714 and mail it to the Baltimore office. It may take few weeks to get it.

I see you read my respond. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?