DanielleCPA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Years of Experience in Business & Personal Taxes

We received a call from someone about final notice that IRS

Customer Question

We received a call from someone about final notice that IRS has a law suit against us and a phone number to call.(###) ###-####
Category: Tax
Expert:  DanielleCPA replied 2 months ago.

Welcome and thanks for your question! I am a CPA and here to help you out with your tax question.

The IRS will always send you notices via mail, never via email or phone call unless you are working with a specific agent. The phone call you received is a scam. It is becoming more and more common. They use threats and scare tactics to get people to wire them money. As scary as it was, the call was a fake!

You should call and report the call to the Treasury Inspector General at 1-***-***-****. Here is more information from the IRS on these scam calls, including some helpful tips on how to spot scam calls.

If you need any clarification or have any follow-up questions, please let me know and I will gladly assist you. If this answers your question, kindly rate the answer to close out your request with the site. Thank you and have a wonderful evening!