Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

If I draw gross of $699.65 per mo. from U.S. Treasury

Customer Question

If I draw gross of $699.65 per mo. from U.S. Treasury Income, what percentage of taxes should I take out monthly.
Gross income of all $54,404
Net Income of all incomes $45,000.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lane replied 3 months ago.

Hi, My name's Lane. I can help you with this.

...

If you can tell me your filing status (single, Joint) I can run the numbers for you.

...

(Also verify for me that you mean Social Security Retirement benefits)

...

The formula for how much OF Social Secuirty is taxable has to do with a number called "provisional income." sometimes called "combined income."

...

From Social Security:

...

If you:

• file a federal tax return as an "individual" and yourcombined income* is
    • between $25,000 and $34,000, you may have to pay income tax on up to 50 percent of your benefits.
    • more than $34,000, up to 85 percent of your benefits may be taxable.

• file a joint return, and you and your spouse have acombined income* that is
    • between $32,000 and $44,000, you may have to pay income tax on up to 50 percent of your benefits
    • more than $44,000, up to 85 percent of your benefits may be taxable.

...

Once I know your filing status, I have everything I need to know what you need to withhold.

...

Let me know

...

I'll be here

...

Lane

..

..

I hold a law degree, (Juris Doctorate), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA, with specialization in financial accounting & tax, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, since 1986.