Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Certified Public Accountant
93680669

I am 16 years old and I have to fill out a w-4. My mom is

Customer Question

I am 16 years old and I have to fill out a w-4. My mom is head of household and will still claim me as a dependent. I do not want to pay any taxes at end of year is it better to claim 1 for myself or claim 0? Of course I will not write down exempt can you please help?
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: I don't think so.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Mark Taylor replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your questions.

How much money do you think you will earn?

0 will withhold more money from your paycheck.

They make the W-4 very confusing. If it makes you feel better most people are confused by the form.

I hope you found this information to be beneficial. If this answered your question please take a few moments to rate my response. A rating is needed in order for me to receive credit for helping you today. The rating bar is located at the top of the page – ranging from 1 to 5 stars. If you need me to clarify aspect of my response or if there are additional areas of the question that you would like me to consider please let me know. I would be happy to continue the discussion. It has been my pleasure helping you today.

If you have any other questions or need clarification please let me know. I am happy to help.