Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
14155347

In 2016, I had two personal cars that I used -related

Customer Question

In 2016, I had two personal cars that I used for business-related travel. Schedule C part IV allows only one vehicle. Is there a way to report mileage from two vehicles?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 7 months ago.

Hello

If you have 2 vehicles then the first vehicle is reported on the Schedule C, Part IV, Line 43. For the second vehicle, create an attachment to the return "Additional Information from your (YEAR) Federal Tax Return."

The Schedule C will have both vehicle expenses combined. The additional information form would have the specifics about the second vehicle (place din service date, miles, commuting miles, is your evidence written and so on.

When you use soft ware or a program the additional information sheet is automatically made for you.

Please do not forget or ignore to give a positive rating (look for the STARS or SMILEY FACES). It adds nothing to your costs but it assists me.

Expert:  nicolas-cssm replied 7 months ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (http://www.justanswer.com/tax/9tw70-2016-two-personal-cars-used-related.html). Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.
Expert:  Robin D. replied 7 months ago.

Checking to see how you responded