Anne, Master Tax Preparer
Experience:  Enrolled Agent with 25 Years Experience specializing Individual and Small Businesses

I used Taxact to file my taxes on 3/22/16. I have checked

Customer Question

I used Taxact to file my taxes on 3/22/16. I have checked with Oklahoma tax commission and they have not received it. I was told to send them a copy of the forms. I have done that, but I don't know what to do about the Federal taxes. Can you help me.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Anne replied 3 months ago.

I'm Anne. I've been preparing taxes for 28 years and I'll be happy to help you.

The easiest way to find out if the IRS received your tax return, IF you are receiving a refund is to access their website inquiring about your refund found here:

You will need your SS#, the date that you efiled your return, and the $ amount of your refund.

If you had a balance due on your return, you may verify that the IRS received your return by the following:

1-If you had a tax service prepare your return, they get a verification of the date/time that the IRS accepted your return, and you should call them and ask them exactly when the IRS acknowledged your filing.

2-If you prepared the return yourself using a tax program online, you may also verify that the IRS received your return by going BACK into your return on the program......this should bring up a screen that states this return was already efiled with the IRS.

3-You can call the IRS at(###) ###-#### ***** the prompts to find out about your personal tax history. Although this will give you the assurance you would like, it is the least efficient way to get it, due to the long wait times.

4-If you sent a form of payment with your return, you can see if/when that payment cleared.

If you have found my answer helpful, please take the moment to rate positive by clicking on the stars.

It is ONLY through positive ratings that we are compensated for our time & knowledge.

Thank you for choosing justanswer

If you have found my answer helpful

Expert:  Anne replied 3 months ago.

Expert:  Anne replied 2 months ago.