Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Certified Public Accountant
93680669

I need to kbow how to pay off two judgments against me in

Customer Question

I need to kbow how to pay off two judgments against me in New York State. They were both related to state taxes.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: New york
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: No
Category: Tax
Expert:  Mark Taylor replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your question.

You can make a payment directly on the New Your State Department of Taxation and Finance web site.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks,
I have spent the last 2 hours trying to find a way to pay the judgments that are in my cresit report
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The only thing i found on that site was to pay taxes owed

The state offer a few methods from a direct transfer from your bank account (free), credit or debit card (their is a charge associated with this), or mailing a payment. Let me give you a link to the page.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Is there a difference between taxes owed and judgments?

The judgement is for the taxes that are owed.

https://www.tax.ny.gov/pay/all/pay_a_bill.htm

I hope you found this information to be beneficial. If this answered your question please take a few moments to rate my response. A rating is needed in order for me to receive credit for helping you today. The rating bar is located at the top of the page – ranging from 1 to 5 stars. If you need me to clarify aspect of my response or if there are additional areas of the question that you would like me to consider please let me know. I would be happy to continue the discussion. It has been my pleasure helping you today.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or need clarification. I am happy to help.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Whats the best way for me to find out my reported taxable income from 2011?

Did someone prepare the return for you? If you paid a preparer to file the tax return, they should be able to provide you with a copy. If this is not an option you should be able to get a transcript from the State, Let me find the specific information for you.

It looks like NY does not provide a tax transcript. If you need to obtain a individual return you would need to complete this form.

https://www.tax.ny.gov/pdf/current_forms/misc/dtf505_fill_in.pdf

Here is the web page for obtaining a copy of your return. https://www.tax.ny.gov/help/contact/get-copy-of-return.htm

There is a fee of $0.25 per page with a $2.00 minimum.

A rating is needed in order for me to receive credit for helping you today. The rating bar is located at the top of the page – ranging from 1 to 5 stars. If you found this information helpful please provide a rating. If you have any other questions I am happy to help.