ABC Accounting Group
ABC Accounting Group, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Business Consultant/Accounting Manager
89981332

I am trying to obtain a copy of my 2001 tax return that I

Customer Question

I am trying to obtain a copy of my 2001 tax return that I filed with my ex wife but am having trouble at IRS.gov.
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: My ex passed away last November and I was entitled in a court of law to a percentage of her retirement with the USPS. I need her SS # ***** I do not remember it.
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: No
Category: Tax
Expert:  ABC Accounting Group replied 4 months ago.

For your 2001 Return:

You can call social security, as well:

Social Security

http://www.ssa.gov/

-or-

By calling 1-***-***-****, you can use our automated telephone services to get recorded information and conduct some business 24 hours a day.

If you cannot handle your business through the automated services, you can speak to a Social Security representative between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Monday through Friday.

Wishing you well.

1. I would order by phone. To order by phone, call(###) ###-####and follow the prompts in the recorded message.

2. To request a 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ tax return transcript through the mail, complete IRS Form 4506T-EZ, Short Form Request for Individual Tax Return Transcript. Businesses, partnerships and individuals who need transcript information from other forms or need a tax account transcript must use the Form 4506T, Request for Transcript of Tax Return.

3. If you order online or by phone, you should receive your tax return transcript within 5 to 10 days from the time the IRS receives your request. Allow 30 calendar days for delivery of a tax account transcript if you order by mail using Form 4506T or Form 4506T-EZ.

Sorry - this was supposed to be on the top:

For the return:

Best Regards.