Teddra Lake
Teddra Lake,
Experience:  Enrolled Agent/Area Manager at H&R Block
94008382

My husband needs to verify s wages years 2005, 2006 and

Customer Question

My husband needs to verify his wages for the years 2005, 2006 and 2007.
We need this quickly. How can we get this information
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 4 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Unfortunately W2 records beyond 6 years are only available from social security (the IRS only keeps the past 3- 6 years) and it is not going to be fast. Here's how to get it:

https://faq.ssa.gov/link/portal/34011/34019/article/3836/how-can-i-get-a-copy-of-my-wage-and-tax-statements-form

Businesses are required to keep the records up to 7 years.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
This salary information for my husband has to be verified in a court of law. Such as a copy of a.W-2 form or response directly from the IRS. He has to prove how much his salary was in 2005, 2006 and 2007 and what income he could have made going forward had he not gotten sick. This is for an Actos injury law suit. He took the drug for diabetes and got bladder cancer from it in 2007 and 2010. So far you haven't even asked his name or SS num

I am not allowed to ask for his name or social security number or name. I don't have access to IRS or social security database.

This is a public forum, not the IRS help desk. Your only option is social security administration. The IRS doesn't keep records past 6 years.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok, please discontinue my membership. You were not able to help me and please do not charge me more than
the additional $5.00 I paid. I will dispute it on my credit card.

Ok. I do not have control over the billing, I am a user just like you but I will let the customer service know.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** letting customer service know. I will watch my credit card for the charge and to
make sure it is not more than $5.00. I do appreciate what you did for me.
Expert:  Teddra Lake replied 4 months ago.

I'm sorry that you were unsatisfied with the previous answer. I recommend going to IRS.gov on the internet and printing out a form 4506T, fill it out for the years you need and mark transcripts and then send in mail or fax it to the IRS, The instructions about the address and fax number should be with the form. Hope this helps.