Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Experience:  10 years experience
16356563

Filed electronically March 22,2016 year still haven't

Customer Question

filed electronically March 22,2016 for last year still haven't received my refund and no letter from irs
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 5 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

The tax advocates will not help you unless the IRS is causing the problem. Have you checked status of your refund on the IRS website?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
it says I have no information on your refund
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I've check with the where's my refund site daily
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
IRS.gov has no info
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
These answers are not helping me I thought you could get some info from the IRS as to what is going on they sent me one letter asking me to verify my identity. I went on the IRS web site and confirm my identity and haven't heard anything since. I thought you could find out what was going and if not I'm requesting a refund because I have this information already that you are giving me.

I am sorry but I cannot access your IRS records. I can give you general information or navigate you what to do but I cannot request your personal information like social security number or date of birth or even name. This is a public forum, not the IRS help desk. I am sorry if have been misled.

Anyway, if the IRS "Where's my refund" link states that there's no info, it means that your return had not been accepted, most likely had been rejected. You will need to check with whoever e-filed your return. If IRS received your return, the website would state that it was received and is being proceeded.

But what concerns me even more is the verifying identity letter. There's lot of fraud going on, taxpayer had been receiving fake letters to "confirm" their identity and their identity had been stolen. Another explanation is that IRS already received a return filed by somebody else with your social security number but something on the return triggered a red flag and the IRS sent you the letter.

First you need to start with the e-filing provider and confirm that your return had been accepted by the IRS. If not, mail the return on paper.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The preparer already verified that the return was received and the verification of identity was done on the IRS website
Expert:  emc011075 replied 4 months ago.

If you are dealing with the identity theft, it can take up to 12 months to get your refund. Something is not right not right if the IRS mailed you 5071C letter.

Sorry, but I cannot help you. You need to contact the IRS of get a representation who can talk to the IRS on your behalf.