Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Experience:  10 years experience
16356563

When we were doing our tax in april windows 10 was taken

Customer Question

when we were doing our tax in april windows 10 was taken down there for not all of our return was completed however one IRA distribution was not included . We were unable to print or complete the return however it was sent. The only thing I need to enter is one more IRA. Earlene Cullison Thank you for any help .
Category: Tax
Expert:  Mark Taylor replied 10 months ago.

Hi Earlene, my name is Mark. I am a CPA, I would be happy to help you with your question.

On the $18,000 distribution was anything withheld for taxes?

Are you older than 59 1/2?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
no tax was withheld. I am 76 years old.

You mentioned that you were not able to print a complete copy of your tax return. Do you know if there was any taxable income on your original return?

There are a couple of ways to approach this situation. The first solution would be to amend your return. To do this you would need a copy of the return you filed. The second solution would be to wait for an IRS notice. The IRS will likely send a notice reporting the additional $18,000 in interest. Are you still at the same address that you filed you used when you filed your return?