emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser
Experience:  IRS licensed Enrolled Agent and tax instructor
62958156

It's not a taxs issue i'm tring to find my w2 from 1987, i

Customer Question

it's not a taxs issue i'm tring to find my w2 from 1987
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: i work for a temporary job service in St Louis Mo in 1987 i never filed taxs that year But was wanted to get W2 for personal reason if you could help me find then
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: The name on the w2 is Rebecca L Manaois
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Accountant about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 5 months ago.

Hi Rebecca. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Unless the employer is still in business and kept the copy, which is highly unlikely, the only government agency that would have copy of your W2 from 30 years ago would be social security administration. IRS only keeps last 3 - 6 years and employers do not share such information with anybody else.

Here's how to get it: https://faq.ssa.gov/link/portal/34011/34019/article/3836/how-can-i-get-a-copy-of-my-wage-and-tax-statements-form

It is not free, unless you need it for

I see you read my respond. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?

I see you offline now. So if this answered your question, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. You find the rating bar on the top of the page – 5 stars. However, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this issue further, let me know. Thank you.