Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Experience:  10 years experience

Irs denied my earn income credit and my child care but i

Customer Question

irs denied my earn income credit and my child care but i have been carrying this child for 11 yrs. they say i need to pay back for 20012 and 2013 but i got that settled and they sent me a refund for both yrs after i sent them all documentation they asked for. Then in 2015 they say i did qualify for the earn income and applied my 2015 refund to 2014. Help please im tired of trying to take care of these tax yrs with the irs ive been doing this for the last 3 yrs.
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 3 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Did IRS disallowed the credit for 2014?

There could be several reasons. Do you claim Head of household with income between 10 and 20K? Sometimes switching to single with a dependent not make any difference in tax but will lower the audit chances.

Do you prepare your tax returns yourself? Returns prepared by tax professionals with PTIN are less likely to be audited than self-prepared returns.

Is it possible that somebody else is claiming the child? If more than one people claim the same child for earned income credit or head of household, IRS request verification documents.