Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Experience:  10 years experience
16356563

Got a letter from the franchise board in California were

Customer Question

got a letter from the franchise board in California were they trying to collect a $1544.00 - 1992.57 with 6,044.33 in interest that i have no idea of this debt.
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: plus collection fees of $241.00
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: Have no idea were it came frm I was not in the state at that time,.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Accountant about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 5 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

You need to contact CA FTB as soon as possible and find out. It could be a mistake (somebody reported income using your security number my mistake), fraud (somebody is working illegally using your SS#) or identity theft (somebody filed IRS return with your social security number and claim residency in CA). If the FTB doesn't want to listen to you, contact Taxpayer advocate services.

https://www.ftb.ca.gov/aboutFTB/Taxpayer_Advocate/index.shtml

Do not ignore it because CA FTB can garnish your federal refund.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Even though it was back in 1992

Yes. If income was reported to FTB but no return had been filed there's no statute of limitation, they can go back 25 year or more. Once tax is assessed, FTB has 10 years to collect. You need to call them to stop the collection process.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
what happened you collected already $35.00 against your servicews.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
What is the $55.00 about

It is not me, it is the website administration. I am just a user like you and don't get paid until you accept my answer. I don't have any control over the billing. I can notify the customer service, they can explain what is it for.