Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

I received a tax refund check deceased son's trust account.

Customer Question

I received a tax refund check for my deceased son's trust account. When I went to deposit it in the trust account I could not find the check. How to I get another check from the IRS, and who do I write to or call?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lane replied 5 months ago.

...

If you lost your IRS refund check (or failed to cash it in before the 1-year expiration date), call the IRS at 1-***-***-**** to initiate a refund trace. The Bureau of Fiscal Service may need to review your claim before they can re-issue your IRS refund check, which, so sorry, can take up to 6 weeks to complete, at the longest.

...

Please let me know if you have any questions at all.

...

If this HAS helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating (using the faces or stars on your screen, and then clicking “submit")

JustAnswer will not credit me for the work unless you do.

...

Thank you!

Lane

I have a law degree, (Juris Doctorate), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA, with specialization in financial accounting & tax, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, since 1986.

Expert:  Lane replied 5 months ago.

...

I’m just checking back in to see how things are going.

...

Did my answer help?

...

Let me know…

...

Thanks

Lane