Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
14155347

Where do we show 1098's on tax returns?

Customer Question

where do we show 1098's on tax returns?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 5 months ago.

Hello

That depends on the specific type of 1098. If it is the Mortgage interest statement and this is for an individual, the Schedule A is used to report the interest and taxes shown on the 1098.

If the house was used for rental it is generally reported on Schedule E.

You are required to rate in a positive way (look for the STARS or SMILEY FACES) if I am to be credited with responding.

Expert:  Robin D. replied 5 months ago.

Checking to see if you responded to let me know the 1098 you asked about is the Mortgage 1098 as there are different ones.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Why is my fee going up? I am asking same question that I do not think was understood and did not receive the answer I think I needed.
Expert:  Robin D. replied 5 months ago.

You asked "where do we show 1098's on tax returns".

There are 4 different types of 1098 forms that you could have possibly received.

I asked you which 1098 you are specifically asking about.

You have not responded yet to that request. You could be asking about a 1098 for mortgage, a 1098t, 1098c, and a 1098e.

I explained about a 1098 that reports mortgage interest. If you can post the specific type of 1098 I would be happy to respond.

Expert:  Robin D. replied 5 months ago.

Checking to see if you responded with the specific type of 1098 you were asking about.