Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

Is it possible to sell my house to my sister-in-law if she

Customer Question

is it possible for me to sell my house to my sister-in-law if she filled for bankruptcy years ago, is it up to the mortgage company or is there a creative way to help her to purchase it....I live in the Dallas Texas area or does she have to qualify for a loan
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lane replied 5 months ago.

...

Depending on how long it's been since she filed, the bank may underwrite her. Sometimes after a chapter 7 people have an easier time getting a loanbecasue of the fact that all of the debt sh was under has now been erased as a part of the fresh start initiative..

...

She should start by sitting dow with a local or regionl bank (or even better sometimes a credit union). They can take a look at the credit bureau information with her and let her kow where things are.

...

Can you tell me what objective is? DO you need the money? (or is possibly financing the purchase FOR her by holding the note youself - and have her make the paments to you).

...

Let me know more about wjat you're trying to do and we can go from there.

...

Lane

...

...

I have a law degree, (Juris Doctorate), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA, with specialization in financial accounting & tax, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, since 1986

Expert:  Lane replied 5 months ago.

...

I’m just checking back in to see how things are going.

...

Did my answer help?

...

Let me know…

...

Thanks

Lane