Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

Are corporations that are housed and work in the detroit

Customer Question

are corporations that are housed and work in the detroit empowerment zone exempt from detroit corporation income taxes
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lane replied 5 months ago.

...

Not EXACTLY, although it can certainly affect the net tax that you or the corporation pays.

...

The program provides a federal income tax credit of up to $3,000 per qualifying employee per year.

...

Employers' facilities or work sites must be located in the Zone and Employees must live in the Zone.

...

The FEZ credit is 20% of the first $15,000 ($3,000 max.) of an employee's annual wages.

...

Employers can take this credit for each qualifying employee and apply it directly to their corporate tax liability or as a pass-through credit to individual shareholders. In addition, credits are retroactive for 3 years, so that credits of up to $9,000 per qualified employee may be realized immediately.

Expert:  Lane replied 5 months ago.

Please let me know if you have any questions at all.

...

If this HAS helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating (using the faces or stars on your screen, and then clicking “submit")

JustAnswer will not credit me for the work unless you do.

...

Thank you!

Lane

I have a law degree, (Juris Doctorate), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA, with specialization in financial accounting & tax, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, since 1986