Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
14155347

My quarterly estimated tax check was returned by my bank

Customer Question

My quarterly estimated tax check was returned by my bank for insufficient funds. The funds were in my account but too late as the check went through early Wednesday morning but the funds weren't electronically deposited until 10 am.
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: Will the check be resubmitted by the bank clearinghouse or should I pay the tax on-line?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: Not that I can think of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Accountant about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 5 months ago.

Hello

The IRS does not resubmit for payment. Sometimes the clearing house will resubmit.

When a check or other commercial payment instrument is not paid, however, the clearinghouse frequently resubmits it to the bank. The clearinghouse, not the IRS, determines whether or not to resubmit a payment.

Check with your bank to see if the check was resubmitted and if not then make your payment by other means.

Expert:  Robin D. replied 5 months ago.

Checking to see if you responded