Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor

I lost my tax id # and I need to get that information and to

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can we help?
Customer: I lost my tax id #
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: and I need to get that information and to change the business name on it
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: mail tax id number with corrections to my house
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Accountant about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 4 months ago.

If you misplaced your EIN for the business then the IRS Business Line can tell you what it is.

Ask the IRS to search for your EIN by calling the Business & Specialty Tax Line at(###) ###-#### ***** hours of operation are 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. local time, Monday through Friday.

An assistor will ask you for identifying information and provide the number to you over the telephone, as long as you are a person who is authorized to receive it.

You can request a verification letter too which they will send you.

If not an EIN for your business let me know.

You are required to rate in a positive way (look for the STARS or SMILEY FACES) if I am to be credited with responding.