Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.

I would like to know how can get a C.O.T code and is that

Customer Question

I would like to know how can get a C.O.T code and is that different code for each transaction ?
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I want transfer from a bank in Indonesia to Vietnam it ask me to complete the transfer by entering C.O.T code, but I don't what it is
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: this code will be used for all transactions or just one time?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Accountant about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Barbara replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Any request for a C.O.T. code is usually a scam or fraud. Legitimate banks do not request/use such a code.

In order to transfer money from Indonesia to Vietnam, you need the routing number of the bank in Vietnam and the name and account number of the recipient account at the Vietnam Bank in order to complete the wire transfer of funds. Deal directly with your bank or another established licensed funds transfer firm rather than attempt to use the Internet or unknown third parties.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,