Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Experience:  10 years experience
16356563

I am interested in creating a seller account at Amazon. i am

Customer Question

hi, i am interested in creating a seller account at Amazon. i am wondering if it is considered as a business, and allows me to claim deduction of fees associated. (e.g., computer, or space). I would appreciate it if you could give me some advice. Thanks! Eun
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 6 months ago.

Business expenses are the cost of carrying on a trade or business. These expenses are usually deductible if the business operates to make a profit.

Just having a seller account would not constitute a business ...
The business is considered as started if you have a product or service for sale.

To be deductible, a business expense must be both ordinary and necessary. An ordinary expense is one that is common and accepted in your trade or business. A necessary expense is one that is helpful and appropriate for your trade or business. An expense does not have to be indispensable to be considered necessary.