Lev, Tax Advisor
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations

Need a copy of my 2014 federal tax return

Customer Question

need a copy of my 2014 federal tax return
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 4 months ago.

If you can’t find your copies, the IRS can give you a transcript of the information you need, or a copy of your tax return.

Expert:  Lev replied 4 months ago.

If you need a copy of your filed and processed tax return, it will cost $50 for each tax year. You should complete Form 4506, Request for Copy of Tax Return, to make the request. Mail it to the IRS address listed on the form for your area. Copies are generally available for the current year and past six years. You should allow 75 days for delivery.

Transcripts are free and you can get them for the current year and the past three years. In most cases, a transcript includes the tax information you need.
To request an individual tax return transcript by mail or fax, complete Form 4506T-EZ, Short Form Request for Individual Tax Return Transcript. Businesses and individuals who need a tax account transcript should use Form Form 4506-T, Request for Transcript of Tax Return.

To view and print your transcripts online, go to and use the Get Transcript tool.
To order by phone, call(###) ###-####and follow the prompts. You can also request your transcript using your smartphone with the IRS2Go mobile phone app.

.I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.

Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.

If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.

I am here to help you with all tax related issues.