Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.

I used free to file a friend taxes. It was

Customer Question

Hello, my name is***** I used free to file a friend taxes. It was filed around April 12 or 13. She has not received her refund. Also I never received an acceptance from the Irs. Please help.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 4 months ago.

The first thing is to check if the return has e-file completion. You can go to "Where's My Refund" and see if the return is on file or log back into TurboTax and check that the e-file was not rejected.

It could be that the return was rejected, if it was you will need to correct the problem (it will be listed) and then send again.

If it did go through then the page will tell you where it is in processing.

Check those and let me know.

You are required to click a positive rating if I am to be credited with the response.
You have to actively click on a rating and click submit. Smiley Faces or Stars.

Expert:  Barbara replied 4 months ago.

Different expert here - my name is ***** ***** please allow me to provide you with additional information while filing a tax return through TurboTax.

Once you file a tax return using TurboTax, you will receive a confirmation email telling you that your return has been TRANSMITTED to the IRS. You will then receive another email telling you that your return has been ACCEPTED or REJECTED by the IRS.

The fastest and easiest method is to contact TurboTax at(###) ###-#### ***** within a few minutes a representative will be able to tell you if the tax return was transmitted, when it was transmitted, if it was accepted or rejected, and the reason for the rejection. If it was rejected, the representative will also be able to walk you through the steps to correct the rejection issue.

TurboTax's business hours are Monday through Friday, from 11:00 am to 8:00 pm Eastern time.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,