Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.

I did my n.y. State tax in January. They got back in touch

Customer Question

Hello, my name is***** did my n.y. State tax in January. They got back in touch with me in February stating they needed more information. I got them the information they needed back in March. They receive it March 7. They state it got into the proper hand March 28. I now have to wait 90 days, which makes it June 28. Ok, I just happen to call today and they state they just received my paper work may 26. That's impossible!!! Someone please help me. They aren't telling me anything!
Category: Tax
Expert:  Barbara replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

It sounds like NY State "dropped the ball" in your case if they received the information they needed in March, they are telling you they received the information on May 26, and you are still waiting.

My best advice would be to contact the NY State Office of Taxpayer Rights Advocate at(###) ###-####and let them get involved with providing assistance to you.

The following link contains information about the NY State Office of the Taxpayer Rights Advocate which you will find helpful:

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Expert:  Barbara replied 4 months ago.

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions or concerns. If so, please come back to me here, and I will be happy to further assist you.

Best regards,