Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

Currently have 9 employees including self in a C-Corp in

Customer Question

Currently have 9 employees including self in a C-Corp in Florida. No group insurance offered and wondering if there is an obligation to offer group insurance? No in on the Health Care Act.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lane replied 6 months ago.

...

No - The requirement at this point is for employers with 50 or more employees

...

Just FYI, although the Affordable Care Act mandates the responsibility for the cost of insuring full-time employees to businesses with 50 or more full-time equivalent employees, it also provides generous tax credits to smaller businesses with 25 or less full-time equivalent employees.

...

In other words workers and small business owners tend to benefit under the new law, while larger employers (who don’t provide health insurance) have to deal with new costs.

...

Said differently, the nest effect of ACA is that workers and small business owners tend to benefit under the new law, while larger employers (who don’t provide health insurance) have to deal with new costs.

Expert:  Lane replied 6 months ago.

If this HAS helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating (using the faces or stars on your screen, and then clicking “submit")

I know it takes an extra step, but JustAnswer won’t credit us for the work until you rate.

...

Thank you!

Lane

I have a law degree, with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA, with specialization in finance & tax, as well as CFP® and CRPS designations. - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, both for-profit and non-profit, and tax advice on three continents, since 1986.