Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Experience:  10 years experience
16356563

I am a canadian citizen and I live in Anguilla and provide

Customer Question

I am a canadian citizen and I live in Anguilla and provide consulting services to a number of clients, some who are companies based in the USA - I have been asked by one of my clients to complete the form W8BEN-E and I want to get it right - and obvsiously I don't want my fees subject to withholding tax - I need to get this right
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: I have written the key information above I believe
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Accountant about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 5 months ago.

Hello

The W8 BEN E allows the US company to show why they did not withhold tax on the payments to your business.

What part are you having difficulty with?