emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser
Experience:  IRS licensed Enrolled Agent and tax instructor
62958156

Work full time in Kansas and have home there. Also work part

Customer Question

Work full time in Kansas and have home there. Also work part time in Oklahoma and rent apartment there. How do I file income taxes? How should I be taxed?
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 6 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

You will have to file a return in both states. In KS you claim resident and your entire income and claim credit for taxes you paid to OK, In OK you claim nonresident and only the income you earn in OK. The income you earn in OK will show up on both returns, but the credit you receive for taxes paid to OK will eliminate the double taxation.

Any questions?

I see you offline now. So if this answered your question, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. You find the rating bar on the top of the page – 5 stars. However, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this issue further, let me know. Thank you.