Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor

What would my tax percentage be on 50k withdrawal from a

Customer Question

what would my tax percentage be on 50k withdrawal from a 401k account, I am over 65 yrs old
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: my 401k dollars are pre taxed, is the
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: need fund to buy a car
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Accountant about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 4 months ago.

The 401k is added to your other income and does not have a special tax rate .

Your tax rate is based on your total income and filing status. If the 401k is your only income for the full year and you are single your tax would be $5,720.

Your amount would be taxed progressively. $0.00+$9,225.00 × 10.00%($922.50) then $9,225.00+$28,225.00 × 15.00% ($4,233.75) and the remaining $37,450.00+$2,250.00 × 25.00% ($562.50)

To simplify though it is a 10% rate of tax if that is all you receive for the year.

You are required to click a positive rating if I am to be credited with the response.
You have to actively click on a rating and click submit. Smiley Faces or Stars.