Richard, Tax Attorney
Experience:  29 years of experience as a tax, real estate, and business attorney.
17027240

FACEBOOK SAYS I HAVE $500000 SETTING WITH THEM BUT THEY WANT

Customer Question

FACEBOOK SAYS I HAVE $500000 SETTING WITH THEM BUT THEY WANT A $2500 RESTAMP CHARGE BECAUSE IT HAS BEEN SETTING OVER 30 DAYS
Category: Tax
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

Don't send them a dime. This is a total scam! Hopefully, you have not sent them any money yet! These facts mirror identically an ongoing scam. Here's the thing that will confirm that it's a scam for you. You should never send them any money up front. If they want you to pay them anything to get your money, it's a scam. If there is in fact $%00,000 available to you, they can easily simply deduct any expenses, charges, etc., from the money. if they tell you this is not possible, it's because there is in fact no money from which to deduct these costs. There are no sets of circumstances where if there truly is money for you that you should have to do anything but receive your money net of any expenses. If they tell you otherwise, all that tells you is there is no money waiting for you and you are being scammed.

This is the part of my job I don't like...when the law is not in favor of my customer. I know this is not what you wanted to hear and I wish I could tell you this is legitimate, but, I can only provide you information based on the law and my experience so that you can act on the best available information to you. ………..I wish I had better news, but can only hope you recognize and understand my predicament and don't shoot the messenger. I'm sorry!

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I can wait
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

Thanks! I've posted your answer; you should receive it shortly. :)

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
SIR THE PROBLEM IS I HAVE GIVE THEM MONEY AND I CAN NOT PAY ANYMORE
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

Then, what you want to do to get your money back is to raise the stakes on them. Send them a certified, return receipt requested letter detailing the history and and demand they refund your money in full! Inform them that if they do not comply with your within a short specified period of time, you will have no choice but to file a suit for your damages. BUT, be sure to specifically mention that you will be filing this claim as fraud and deceptive trade practice causes of action, which will entitle you not only to your damages, but also an additional amount equal to multiple times your actual damages as punitive damages. That should provide plenty of incentive to comply with your demands; but, if it does not, file your suit.