Anne
Anne, Master Tax Preparer
Experience:  Enrolled Agent with 25 Years Experience specializing Individual and Small Businesses
5242771

I receive a call from a Marvin , badge #1810856, in Bowling

Customer Question

I receive a call from a Marvin Clark, badge #1810856, in Bowling *****, *****tucky, 200 W. Professional, CT. He stated that I owe $8132. from 2008-2013 because my salary didn't amount to what was stated. He said, i can get five years in jail, etc. He said they sent out a letter to my post office, which i didn't receive and they call me twice , but didn't leave a message. He called today and left a message.
Category: Tax
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The number for you to consider on these taxes is###-##-####
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Anne replied 6 months ago.

HI

I'm Anne. I've been preparing taxes for 28 years, and this phone call is just one more example of a HUGE scam that is going on at this moment. I don't know why there are so many scam calls going on at this moment, but there sure seems to be alot more than usual. I've personally had at least 3 from 3 different numbers.

Here's how y0ou can tell it's a scam:

First, the IRS NEVER calls you regarding matters like this, and they NEVER threaten you with jail time over the phone.

If there's a problem with your tax return, they send you letters. If they're REALLY serious about contacting you re: an underpayment, they'll send a Certified Letter. They DON'T call.

Expert:  Anne replied 6 months ago.

I have proposed the offer you asked for, and I'm more than happy to call you if you would like

Expert:  Anne replied 6 months ago.

If my answer has helped you, please take a moment to rate positive by clicking on the stars.

It is ONLY through positive ratings that we are compensated for our time and knowledge.

Thank you for choosing justanswer.