emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser
Experience:  IRS licensed Enrolled Agent and tax instructor
62958156

I found out the IRS does not have records of my flied taxes

Customer Question

I found out the IRS does not have records of my flied taxes from 2010. How do I calculate penalties, and interests on $480?.
Thank you
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 6 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

If you are not using a tax software that is capable to calculate the penalty for you, add 25% (nonfiling and nonpayment penalty) + 15% interest (about 3% per year since April 2011), $170. This will get you close. There are no calculators that will calculate it exactly and because of the interest compounding daily, most people usually let IRS calculate it for them.

I see you read my respond. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?

And if this answered your question, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. You find the rating bar on the top of the page – 5 stars. However, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this issue further, let me know. Thank you.