Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Experience:  10 years experience

I received a call and a letter from RevenueGroup out of

Customer Question

Hello, My name is***** received a call and a letter from RevenueGroup out of Cleveland Ohio stating that I owed back taxes from 2007 for $4,438.53 for OAG-Corporate Franchise Tax. I never had a franchise. My accountant was always thorough and accurate. I do not recall EVER hearing anything about this before.
Category: Tax
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
In the mean time my account has retired recently. I also thought that we no longer needed our tax documentation after seven years, so I do not think I have my files from 0 years ago for 2007. Is this a scam? Wouldn't I have heard something about this before now? they claim they have a recording back from many years ago that I know remember nothing about. Dawn Hall
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  emc011075 replied 5 months ago.

Hi Dawn. Revenue Group is a collection agency collecting on behalf of OH department of revenue. Corporate franchise tax is type of corporte business tax and it has nothing to to with a franchise operation. The franchise tax was replaced with CAT (commercial activity tax) 2014. Did you own a business or corporation back in 2007? You will need to call OH DOR in Columbus to find out where the liability originated and what you can do about it.

Expert:  emc011075 replied 4 months ago.

I see you read my respond. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?