emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser
Experience:  IRS licensed Enrolled Agent and tax instructor
62958156

I received a notice of deficiency 2014 taxes, including

Customer Question

I received a notice of deficiency for unpaid 2014 taxes, including penalties for underpayment of estimated taxes, and interest charges. I see that interest is charged for each month or part of the month.Are deficiency payments credited as of the postmark date, or as of the date they are received or processed? e.g. if I mail my payment on the last day of the month, will I incur additional interest for the next month?
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 8 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Yes, it is postmark date. As long as you your payment is received by the post office on the due date, you will not incur any interest. But I would still suggest to make the payment few days earlier since the envelopes are opened by a machine, not a human being and your check and the envelop may get separated in the process.

I see you read my respond. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?

I see you offline now. So if this answered your question, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. You find the rating bar on the top of the page – 5 stars. However, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this issue further, let me know. Thank you.