Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
71603090

How do I report income from print-on-demand sites such as

Customer Question

How do I report income from print-on-demand sites such as Society6 or Zazzle? Basically, you can sign up to be a designer on these sites where you upload your artwork that customers can then order as prints or various clothing and home decor items. When someone purchases an item with your artwork, you receive a royalty in your payment account that is paid out once a month. Some sites send w-9 forms while others do not. In any case, you are not considered an employee. I am already a sole proprietor in Illinois as I sell hard copies and digital copies of my art through etsy.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Barbara replied 6 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

You will report the total amount you receive during the year as income on your tax return using Schedule C which is included on your personal 1040. Since you are already a sole proprietor, you probably know that you enter your gross income and any expenses you incur.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb