Lev, Tax Advisor
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations

Lev, I'd like to know how much I have paid the IRS in the

Customer Question

Hi Lev, I'd like to know how much I have paid the IRS in the past 3 years. Specifically a payment for $14,269.17?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 5 months ago.

You may request that information from the IRS.Information about your payments and some other information is on your tax account transcript.

Transcripts are free and you can get them for the current year and the past three years. In most cases, a transcript includes the tax information you need.
A tax return transcript shows most line items from the tax return that you filed. It also includes items from any accompanying forms and schedules that you filed. It doesn’t reflect any changes you or the IRS made after you filed your original return.
A tax account transcript includes your marital status, the type of return you filed, your adjusted gross income and taxable income. It does include any changes that you or the IRS made to your tax return after you filed it.

To order your transcripts online, go to and use the Get Transcript tool.
To order by phone, call(###) ###-####and follow the prompts. You can also request your transcript using your smartphone with the IRS2Go mobile phone app.
To request an individual tax return transcript by mail or fax, complete Form 4506T-EZ, Short Form Request for Individual Tax Return Transcript. Businesses and individuals who need a tax account transcript should use Form Form 4506-T, Request for Transcript of Tax Return.