Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
14155347

My husbands company wants to pay sons trip to Florida. He

Customer Question

My husbands company wants to pay for my sons trip to Florida. He was selected to represent the West coast in this years All American Basebasell Tournament in August
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: Are they able to deduct the $5000 on their taxes?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: My son is the first Hearing Impaired All American ever selected in its 25 year history, so its kind of a big deal. people want to donate to get him there, but want to get all our info right
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Accountant about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 6 months ago.

Hello

If the donations are made for your son and not to a recognized Charitable Organization, the amounts are not deductible.

Your nor your son would have to report the donations from others but no one (your husband's business included) would be allowed to show this as a deduction.

I wish your son and his team the best and further wish that I could tell the amount could be used for your husband's business.

You are required to click a positive rating if I am to be credited with the response.
You have to actively click on a rating and click submit. Smiley Faces or Stars.

Expert:  Robin D. replied 6 months ago.

Checking to see if you responded