Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert
Experience:  Extensive Experience with Tax, Financial & Estate Issues
30050794

I want to give my son $100,00 to buy a house. are there any

Customer Question

I want to give my son $100,00 to buy a house. are there any taxes involved.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Stephen G. replied 11 months ago.

Not unless your lifetime gifts, in excess of the annual exclusion amounts, exceed $5,450,000.

You would be required to file a Gift Tax Return on Form 709, due at the same time your income tax return is due for the year of the gift, but no tax would be due.

By the way, my response anticipates that the $100,00 in your question is actually $100,000.

Questions?

Expert:  Stephen G. replied 10 months ago.

Just checking in...............I see that you have received my response to your question. Do you have any follow-up questions?

If not, please remember to rate my response as that is the only way I will receive my share of the payment that you have already made.

Thanks very much,

........................

Expert:  Stephen G. replied 8 months ago.

Just checking in...In reviewing my "open" questions, I see that you have viewed my previous comments but have not provided a rating for me.

Is there something else I can do to satisfy you, or may I clarify anything with respect to your question?

Despite the extended time following your question & my response, I would be happy to clarify anything for you or to answer any follow-up questions you may have.

If you don't have any additional questions or comments, then I would appreciate it if you would provide a rating so that I may close out your question favorably & receive my share of the payment you made some time ago.

Thanks very much,

Expert:  Stephen G. replied 7 months ago.

Did you experience problems with re-locating your question after I responded to it? AND/OR,

Did you by any chance experience problems with the rating system?

I ask as around the time of your question the site was having some issues in this regard and some of the ratings weren't credit to us. If that was an issue with you, perhaps you could just indicate your rating in words, hopefully good, very good or excellent. If you would take a moment to do that, customer service with credit me with responding to you and close out the question favorably.

Thanks very much,

Expert:  Stephen G. replied 6 months ago.

Just checking in.....................

I'd like to close out this question before the end of the month, if possible.

I would appreciate it if you would take a moment to let me know if I can assist you further and/or if you would provide a rating for my responses as indicated above.

Thanks again,