How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask emc011075 Your Own Question
emc011075, Tax adviser
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 2665
Experience:  IRS licensed Enrolled Agent and tax instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
emc011075 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to get copies of our income tax & 2014. I do not

Customer Question

I need to get copies of our income tax for 2013 & 2014. I do not remember my sign in and password
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 10 months ago.
Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you. Have you tried to contact the original provider? How did you file your taxes? Online? Software? You can also request IRS transcript of your return. You can have it mailed to you within 10 business days.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Turbo Tax online
Expert:  emc011075 replied 10 months ago.
According to Turbo Tax instructions you need to pay for a current year to get prior year copies. Here what turbo Tax says: If you paid for TurboTax this year, you can download every return until October 2017. If you didn't pay to file this year, you need to upgrade and pay for TurboTax before you can download old tax returns.Sign in to TurboTax.Click the Taxes tab in the top-left corner.Then, scroll to the bottom and click the Load My Tax Timeline link in the bottom-right. Every year that you have used TurboTax Online will appear.Click on the year you are looking for and click the Download/print return (PDF) link. Your tax return will start downloading automatically. If you do not want to upgrade your Turbo Tax you can still request IRS transcript. What do you need it for?
Expert:  emc011075 replied 10 months ago.
You can order transcript by mail here: currently there's no online access to your IRS account as it used to be. If you want actual copies of your return, the IRS will charge you $50 per return. Most financial institutions will accept transcripts, some even prefer transcripts since it is also a proof of filing.
Expert:  emc011075 replied 10 months ago.
Any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?
Expert:  emc011075 replied 10 months ago.
I still see you Standing By but not responding. So if this answered your question, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. You find the rating bar on the top of the page – 5 stars. However, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this issue further, let me know. Thank you.