Lev, Tax Advisor
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations

My wife wants to petition father.We file taxes jointly so

Customer Question

My wife wants to petition for her father.We file taxes jointly so our tax transcript shows us over 125% of the poverty level.Her personal income is a little under the level.Is our joint tax transcript enough to show financial support.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 5 months ago.
you may use your joint tax return for the affidavit of support for immigration purposes.
Expert:  Lev replied 5 months ago.
Please be aware that 125% of the poverty level must cover all your family and potential immigrants.Also if your joint tax return will be used - you will need to sign the affidavit of support as a co-sponsor.You may use your tax return transcript from the IRS as a supporting document.Questions?..I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you with all tax related issues.