Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
71603090

We have started a new company in the construction industry

Customer Question

we have started a new company in the construction industry where we provide home builders in Texas the service of facilitating and operating a concrete pump to pour concrete at homesites and commercial sites in the preparation for foundations. We are not sure if these services should be taxed (VAT Tax), can somebody shed some light on this.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Barbara replied 6 months ago.
Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.There is no VAT tax in the U.S., but some services are subject to sales tax in Texas.The following link contains information regarding the services that are subject to sales tax:http://comptroller.texas.gov/taxinfo/taxpubs/tx96_259.pdfBased on the information you have provided, the service you describe is not subject to sales tax in Texas.Please let me know if I can assist you further.Thank you and best regards,Barb
Expert:  Barbara replied 6 months ago.
Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions or concerns. If so, please come back to me here, and I will be happy to assist you further.Best regards,Barb