Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
870116

Is there a time limitation on collecting back payroll taxes

Customer Question

is there a time limitation on collecting back payroll taxes by the Texas workforce Commission?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 6 months ago.
The statute of limitation on assessment is four years from the date a tax becomes due and payable to assess a deficiency tax liability.Please be aware that if the tax return was not filed - the statute of limitation is NOT started...After the taxes are assessed - the statute of limitation on collection is 10 years after they were assessed.Same rules applies to payroll taxes.Questions?
Expert:  Lev replied 6 months ago.
After the taxes are assessed - the statute of limitation on collection is 10 years after they were assessed.Same rules applies to payroll taxes...I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you with all tax related issues.