Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.

What is a tax clearence code and how do we access one we are

Customer Question

What is a tax clearence code and how do we access one we are trying to transfer money from over seas to here
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Accountant. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: Where do i get one
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: We need a tax cleaence code now
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Accountant about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Barbara replied 5 months ago.
Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.Unfortunately, there is no such thing as a tax clearance code, and usually, a scam/fraudulent activity is involved when you are asked to provide such a code.However, there is a Tax Clearance Certificate which is an official confirmation that a tax entity's standing is current and free of liens.Please let me know if you require further information or clarification.Thank you and best regards,Barb
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
What do we hav to do to get a rax certificate
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Tax certificate
Expert:  Barbara replied 5 months ago.
Send a signed letter or fax and include the following information:name of the Australian residentresidential address of the Australian residenttax file number (TFN) and/or Australian business number (ABN)country the certificate is fornumber of certificates required.