Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

What form do I file my employer online tax liabilities when

Customer Question

What form do I file my employer online tax liabilities when taxes are less than $2500?
I file a 944 form once a year for a church.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lane replied 6 months ago.
Hi,...There are two deposit schedules, monthly and semi-weekly. Before the beginning of each calendar year, you must determine which of the two deposit schedules you are required to use....From Publication 15:...Payment with return. You may make a payment with Form 941 or Form 944 instead of depositing, without incurring a penalty, if one of the following applies. Your Form 941 total tax liability for either the current quarter or the preceding quarter is less than $2,500, and you didn't incur a $100,000 next-day deposit obligation during the current quarter.
Expert:  Lane replied 6 months ago.
Form 941 is the quarterly payroll tax return
Expert:  Lane replied 6 months ago.
In general, you must deposit federal income tax withheld and both the employer and employee social security and Medicare taxes. You must use EFT to make all federal tax deposits. See How To Deposit, later in this section, for information on electronic deposit requirements....How to deposit...Electronic deposit requirement. You must use EFT to make all federal tax deposits (such as deposits of employment tax, excise tax, and corporate income tax). Generally, an EFT is made using EFTPS. If you don't want to use EFTPS, you can arrange for your tax professional, financial institution, payroll service, or other trusted third party to make electronic deposits on your behalf. EFTPS is a free service provided by the Department of Treasury. To get more information about EFTPS or to enroll in EFTPS, visit www.eftps.gov, or call 1-***-***-**** or 1-***-***-**** (TDD). Additional
Expert:  Lane replied 6 months ago.
Here's the site for EFTPS: http://www.eftps.gov/
Expert:  Lane replied 6 months ago.
Please let me know if you have any questions at all....If this HAS helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating (using the smile or stars on your screen, and then clicking “submit”)…I receive no crediting at all unless you rate in this way....Thank you!Lane
Expert:  Lane replied 6 months ago.
Hi Brenda,...Did you see my answer?...Can I help further here?...Let me know...Lane