Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.

We use Intuit Payroll and pay our employees perdeim weekly

Customer Question

We use Intuit Payroll and pay our employees perdeim weekly direct deposit. The amount we pay is 25.00/30.00 per-day for meal, we take care of room and board. My question is I would like to add weekly to there check , Intuit does offer this, but some of my employees are
concerned about it showing on there W2
Category: Tax
Expert:  Barbara replied 5 months ago.
Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.Per diem payments are not part of the employee’s wages if the payment is equal to or less than the federal per diem rate AND the employer receives an expense report from the employee. 1542 lists the per diem rates: let me know if I can assist you further.Thank you and best regards,Barb
Expert:  Barbara replied 5 months ago.
Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions or concerns. If so, please come back to me here, and I will be happy to assist you further.Best regards,Barb