Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
71603090

A message what left on my machine today IRS lawsuit. I called

Customer Question

A message what left on my machine today IRS lawsuit. I called the number and a man gave me a second number. I called that number and the same man told me I owe the IRS 6,500.00 dollars and if I don't pay today there going to take me to court. Is this real.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Barbara replied 6 months ago.
Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.This is a SCAM.The IRS NEVER calls a taxpayer.You can ignore the message left on your answering machine.Report the call to the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration, either online at IRS Impersonation Scam Reporting or by phone at(###) ###-####ttps://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/tax-tips/General-Tax-Tips/Beware-of-IRS-Phone-Scams/INF29363.htmlPlease let me know if I can assist you further.Thank you and best regards,Barb
Expert:  Barbara replied 6 months ago.
Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions or concerns. If so, please come back to me here, and I will be happy to assist you further.Best regards,Barb