Lev, Tax Advisor
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations

What to do if my spouse refuses to pay their portion of an

Customer Question

What to do if my spouse refuses to pay their portion of an IRS 9465 Installment agreement..
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 5 months ago.
There is nothing you may do...The only thing you may apply and have your OWN separate installment agreement - but it will likely cover the entire amount.
Expert:  Lev replied 5 months ago.
If that payment is part of your divorce settlement - you may sue other party for violation of the agreement and request a compensation for damages.That would be a civil patter between you...I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you with all tax related issues.