How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29535
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What to do if my spouse refuses to pay their portion of an

Customer Question

What to do if my spouse refuses to pay their portion of an IRS 9465 Installment agreement..
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.
There is nothing you may do...The only thing you may apply and have your OWN separate installment agreement - but it will likely cover the entire amount.
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.
If that payment is part of your divorce settlement - you may sue other party for violation of the agreement and request a compensation for damages.That would be a civil patter between you...I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you with all tax related issues.