Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial & Tax advice since 1986

Filed 1/25 aceppted then got a letter had to send in my w2

Customer Question

filed 1/25 aceppted then got a letter had to send in my w2 and w2g that was 2/17 got a letter saying they need 45 more day from march 23 rd so now i called after 50 days saying im still under review then as of may 10th anorther letter saying they need 45 more day
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: had no problem with my ny state refund
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Accountant about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lane replied 5 months ago.
Hi,...How exactly can I help....Just so you'l know ... we keep seeing this on OVER and OVER here. Because of the Federal Cutbacks over the last several years, it's been estimate that there is now 1 person doing what three used to do 5 years ago, at IRS....My experience with clients is that one of two things will happen ... (1) you'll get another 45 day notice -saying thy'er still processing OR you'll get resolution in about 55 to 60 days .. that's what's been happening....That's just the reality we're seeing right now...I would NOT assign any fear that something's wrong!
Expert:  Lane replied 5 months ago.
Sorry for the data-dump .. just wanted to get that out there as the foundation...Do you have other questions?...lane....I hold a law degree (JD, Juris Doctorate), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA, with specialization in finance & tax, as well as CFP® and CRPS designations. - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, both for-profit and non-profit, and tax advice, since 1986
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
thanks should i get a ta
Expert:  Lane replied 5 months ago.
ta (taxpayer Advocate)?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
my refund is 50.000 because i won 200.000 on a scrach off last year and they took 67.000 out of me so im claiming a loss
Expert:  Lane replied 5 months ago.
I wouldn't yet ... the Taxpayer Advocate office is very picky about you having "exhausted all channels" before helping....You next step ... IF ... they did say something wasn't right is to correct, if you agree (lower refund), and if you don't agree, the you go to appeals (which is MANY times the solution) and the only if that isn't productive THEN TAX will get involved....Can you tell me a little more about the loss? (maybe I can help you reality check it)
Expert:  Lane replied 5 months ago.
Did you see my last question?...If you don't want to go further into whether there may be a problem with the deduction, (so that you'll be ready) and are satisfied with the information already provided let me know....But if this was enough, I'd appreciate a positive rating (using the faces or stars on your screen, and then clicking “submit”)…I receive no crediting at all unless you rate in this way....Let me know...Lane