Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Experience:  10 years experience

Pearl, JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please

Customer Question

Hi Pearl,
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: My wife and I each received a certified letter from the IRS (no one was home and a notice was left) one month after efiling our 2015 return a couple minutes past midnight. We used Turbo Tax, which said our chance of being
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: Audited is low. Do you think they are notifying us of an audit? What else could it be? Feeling a little anxious.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Accountant about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Barbara replied 5 months ago.
Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.There could be different reasons for the letter from the IRS. They could be asking for additional information or maybe the information you entered in your tax return does not match their records.My best advice is to claim the certified letters to find out exactly what is going on. Once you review the letter, please come back to me here, and I will advise you accordingly.Thank you and best regards,Barb
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks, Barbara. I have calmed down somewhat and will be picking up the letters tomorrow. I will follow up with you after I see the letters. Thanks for your initial advice.
Expert:  Barbara replied 5 months ago.
My pleasure.I look forward to hearing from you.Best regards,Barb